Through listening, contemplating and meditating on these retreats we can improve our concentration, strengthen our positive energy and achieve special feelings of clarity and tranquillity. Everyone is welcome, although some previous experience of Buddhist practice may be helpful.
- Amitayus Retreat: 3 – 4 February£14.00 – £28.00Date: Saturday 3rd – Sunday 4th February 2018 Amitayus is the Buddha of long life, merit, and wisdom, so engaging in this retreat can help us to lead a long and productive life. In each session, we will chant beautiful prayers and practice guided meditations. Booking Non-residential: £3.50 per session, free for members Additional costs […]
- Nyungne Purification Retreat: 28 – 29 April£14.00 – £28.00Date: Saturday 28th – Sunday 29th April 2018 The Nyungne practice helps us to purify our mind by making prostrations while reciting prayers to Avalokiteshvara, the Buddha of Compassion. Each morning we begin by taking Mahayana Precepts, where we promise to keep very pure moral discipline for 24 hours. To purify negative action committed our of […]
- Guru Yoga & Mandala Offering Retreat: 17 – 20 July£50.00Date: Tuesday 17th – Friday 20th July 2018 We can accumulate great merit by offering mandalas – the whole world mentally transformed into a Pure Land. Pet Finden will guide meditations for the first two days to help us gain the most benefit from this practice. Booking Accommodation options & course fees Prices are per person and […]
- Refuge Retreat: 4 – 7 September£50.00Date: Tuesday 4th – Friday 7th September 2018 With Kadam Bridget Heyes Going for Refuge is the root of Buddhist practice. It means turning to Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha for protection, and using the teachings to establish a refuge within our own hearts. There will be a short introduction at the start of each session, and the […]
- Vajrasattva Retreat: 3 – 6 December£50.00Date: Monday 3rd – Thursday 6th December with Kadam Bridget Heyes Purify negative karma with these prayers to Buddha Vajrasattva. Kadam Bridget will explain the practice and guide meditations during the first two days of the retreat. Booking Accommodation options & course fees Prices are per person and include all meals Single £175 Twin £150 Dormitory £100 […]